5 Things You Must Check Before Buying A Used Car
August 16, 2019
We get it, not everyone can go out and buy their dream 2019 Jeep Wrangler. Buying a used car can mean big savings, and if done right, your used car can last you many years. However, jumping on Craigslist and buying the first cheap car you see might not be the best approach to take. We’re going to give you 5 things you must check to ensure that you’ll get the most of your used car purchase.
- First things first: Check the history report. This will give you a better understanding of past ownership, service points, and any previous accidents –all of these things can drastically change the quality of the vehicle, and it’s important that you’re aware of any potential issues before your purchase.
- Read reviews on the make and model. We know it can be tempting to drop $10,000 on that vintage Chevy Camaro — but it’s important to do your research. Read consumer reviews on the make and model to help give you better understanding on possible defects and common issues associated with the vehicle.
- Test drive it. Duh, right? But this simple tip will tell you a lot about your potential purchase. Usually, you’ll know right away if you like the feel of the car. Does it accelerate smoothly? Does it have any get-up-and-go? Are the brakes responsive? All of these can be answered by giving it a quick joy ride around the block.
- Carefully check the cars interior and exterior. If the upholstery is barely hanging on for dear life and the fender bender hasn’t been professionally dealt with, this can majorly change the value of the vehicle. It’s also a good idea to pop the hood and inspect for any rusted or missing parts –this is a good indicator for trouble down the road.
- Have a mechanic inspect it. While you may think you did a good job inspecting your potential new car, mechanics are professionals in their field and they can help you avoid major expenses down the road. You may not know that your 2001 Honda has transmission issues, but a mechanic will be able to let you know.
Buying used vehicles is a gamble, but if you follow these 5 fool proof check points before your purchase, you could save thousands of dollars. You can even put all that money that you saved buying a used vehicle toward your new Jeep Wrangler fund.
Quick Money Savings Tip For Safe Drivers
There are dozens of auto insurers – Which one will give you the best rate?
Step 1) Choose your vehicle make below.
Step 2) On the next page, complete the 4 minute questionnaire, and you'll have the opportunity compare the best rates in your area.
Step 3) Keep more money and possibly save hundreds!